Adopt a Patch
The Keep Australia Beautiful (KAB) Adopt a Patch program empowers people who work in organisations and corporations to help improve patches of land in their local community.
The initiative can form part of your company’s corporate
volunteering, or community investment program and
provides a fantastic volunteering opportunity for your
staff to help preserve the land and natural resources in
the communities in which they live and work for the
Activities on sites may include:
- Litter clean-ups and preventative work
- Tree planting and weed control
- Painting and cleaning
- Maintenance and civic pride activities
- Graffiti removal and prevention.
All activities and works can be prioritised to focus resources on tasks like litter reduction/prevention followed by tree planting or change with evolving site demands or community priorities.
How KAB support you:
Adopt a Patch identifies, engages and supports active communities through information, training, support, insurance and resources. It is a flexible framework that can be adapted to suit the needs of individual sites and their communities.
- We receive your expression of interest
- Join you on a site visit (if we can) for initial assessment
- Help you plan your activities, engage your local council and local community groups and other stakeholders
- Meet with your OHS staff to ensure appropriate risk assessment and management occurs
- Assist you with an environmental impacts review, and can steer you with suggestions and suitable approaches
- Supply resources to conduct a litter count
- Facilitate site logistics (gloves etc.)
- Suggest some goals and KPI’s based on intended patch activities
- Assist you in PR and marketing activities and promote your progress, including signage for the patch
- KAB can tailor to your project and unique patch of paradise.
“Adopt a Patch gives our team the opportunity to make a real contribution to our local community. We will all get a great deal of satisfaction seeing the results as many of us pass by our ‘patch’ every day. The team is very excited about the possibilities for the Tooheys patch and we’re busy planning the next stage.”
Mark Toomey, Operations Director at Tooheys
Contact us today to see how your organisation can get involved 02 9687 9396 or email us.