Benefit to communities
Benefits to communities in becoming involved in the program include a social, environmental and economic focus – all about sustainability.
- Increased community pride and raised self esteem
- Increased interaction between broad range of community groups
- Encourages an inter-generational approach between varying age groups within a community.
- Social cooperation
- Encourages communities to value their local environment, and benefit from a clean and healthy urban environment
- Encourages innovative approaches to environmental challenges
- Improved health standards
- Opportunities for tourism promotion and related ‘flow on’ benefits.