Mundulla being judged for Australian Tidy Towns
Monday 7 December 2015
WHAT: Keep Australia Beautiful, 2016 Australian Tidy Towns judging
DATE: Wednesday 9 December 2015
MEDIA CALL TIME: 10.45-11.45am
WHERE: Walking Track and sculptures, Rowney Road, Mundulla
WHO: Jill Grant Australian Tidy Towns judge, Marg Rowett and Carolyn Brownlow from Mundulla on the Move, Mr Graham Excell, Mayor
The town of Mundulla 278 kilometres south-east of Adelaide is representing South Australia in the Keep Australia Beautiful, Australian Tidy Towns Awards 2016.
Australian Tidy Towns judge Jill Grant will be visiting Mundulla on 8 and 9 December 2015 in advance of the award ceremony to be hosted by the 2015 title holder, Toodyay on 17 and 18 March next year.
Ms Grant said she was looking forward to visiting the KESAB environmental solutions (Keep South Australia Beautiful) Tidy Towns finalist to review their projects as part of their National submission.
Ms Grant said, “to be recognised on a national stage is quite the achievement for Mundulla. I can’t wait to see their winning projects first hand.”
When there, Ms Grant will be compiling judging scores while learning about the following initiatives, among many others:
- Upgrades to Soldiers Park
- Mundulla Urban Design Masterplan
- Walking track and Moot-Yang –Gunya swamp
- Adventure playground with giant slide
- Bin stations, Community Recycling Beverage Container Grant, horse manure composting, and the Tatiara District Council Transfer station.
In addition to the overall winner, the national program contains the category awards, each of which is scored through the national judging process:
- Community Action and Wellbeing
- Dame Phyllis Frost Litter Prevention Award, Waste Management & Resource Recovery
- Environmental Sustainability
- Heritage and Culture
- Young Legends
- Environmental Education.
The Australian Tidy finalists for 2016 are:
- Orange, state winner from Keep NSW Beautiful
- Mt Liebig, territory winner from Keep Australia Beautiful NT
- Albany, state winner from Keep Australia Beautiful WA
- Triabunna, state winner from Keep Australia Beautiful TAS
- Horsham, state winner from Keep Victoria Beautiful
- Roma, state winner from Keep Queensland Beautiful.
Sponsored by The Australian Packaging Covenant and the Department for the Environment the Australian Tidy Towns awards encourage, motivate and celebrate the achievements of rural and regional communities across Australia.
– ENDS –
Jill Grant | 0411 652 895 | email@example.com
Marg Rowett , Chair, Mundulla on the Move |08 87534093| firstname.lastname@example.org
National Media Contact:
Alice Morgan, Communications Manager, Keep Australia Beautiful | 02 8626 9396 | email@example.com