Roma National Finalist awaits Tidy Towns judging
Tuesday 8 December 2015
The town of Roma 515 km west of Brisbane, is the Keep Queensland Beautiful state winner of Tidy Towns, and will now go on to represent Queensland in the Keep Australia Beautiful, Australian Tidy Towns awards.
Roma will be visited by the Australian Tidy Towns judge Jill Grant on 15 December to compare with six other finalists from all over the country.
Ms Grant said, “to be recognised on a national stage is quite the achievement for Roma. I can’t wait to see their winning projects first hand.”
Sponsored by The Australian Packaging Covenant and the Department for the Environment the Australian Tidy Towns awards encourage, motivate and celebrate the achievements of rural and regional communities across Australia.
Australian Tidy Towns finalists include:
- Orange, state winner from Keep NSW Beautiful
- Horsham, state winner from Keep Victoria Beautiful
- Mundulla, state winner from KESAB environmental solutions in SA
- Triabunna, state winner from Keep Australia Beautiful TAS
- Albany, state winner from Keep Australia Beautiful WA
- Mt Liebig, territory winner from Keep Australia Beautiful NT.
The Australian Tidy Towns awards will be held on 17 and 18 March, hosted by last year’s winner Toodyay in Western Australia.
– ENDS –
Jill Grant | 0411 652 895 | firstname.lastname@example.org
National Media Contact:
Alice Morgan, Communications Manager, Keep Australia Beautiful | 02 8626 9396 | email@example.com