Sustainability Leaders meet in Brisbane
Monday 9 November 2015
What: Australian Sustainable Cities Awards Presentation 2015
When: Friday 13 November 2015
Media call time: 10.00pm AEST for overall award announcement
Guest Speaker: Jane Milburn, Textile Beat
Location: Brisbane City Hall, 64 Adelaide St, Brisbane QLD 4000
Please confirm if you will be attending so that a representative can greet you upon arrival email@example.com or 0416 768 387.
The Keep Australia Beautiful, Australian Sustainable Cities Awards recognise efforts by residents, community groups, businesses and government agencies to protect and enhance their local urban environments to ensure long-term sustainability at all levels.
The 2015 Awards are to be held in Brisbane on Friday 13 November.
The 2014 winners, Brisbane City Council, will be handing over their title to one of the following finalists:
- City of Canada Bay, New South Wales
- Canberra Ornithologists Group, Australian Capital Territory
- Frankston City Council, Victoria
- City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia
- Glenorchy City Council, Tasmania (entered for 2nd year)
- Brisbane City Council (entered for 2nd year).
The awards event will be attended by representatives from state and territory finalists, guest speaker Jane Milburn from Textile Beat, MC Danielle Crismani from Baked Relief, as well as staff from the Keep Australia Beautiful network.
In addition to the overall winner, the national program awards the following categories:
- Community Action and Wellbeing
- Dame Phyllis Frost Litter Prevention Award, Waste Management & Resource Recovery
- Environmental Sustainability
- Heritage and Culture
- Young Legends
- Environmental Education.
The Keep Australia Beautiful Australian Sustainable Cities Awards are sponsored by the Australian Packaging Covenant. The principal event sponsor is Brisbane City Council.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION GO TO
Media Contact Alice Morgan, Communications Manager KAB
Phone 0416 768 387