Keep Australia Beautiful Week
Keep Australia Beautiful Week 2018
Keep Australia Beautiful Week 2018 will take place from Monday, 20 August to Sunday, 26 August, and will focus on marine litter.
Keep Australia Beautiful Week is held late August each year, to raise awareness about the simple things we can all do in our daily lives to reduce our impact on the environment and encourage action. The key theme for the 2018 KAB Week is “SOS – Save our Seas”and you can help keep Australian water litter-free by participating in the Keep our Waterways Beautiful competition.
Did you know?
- Approximately 10 million tonnes of litter end up in the world’s oceans and seas each year.
- It is estimated that 70% of marine litter is on the seabed, 15% is floating in the water column and 15% is what we find on our shores.
- Marine litter consists of a wide range of materials, including plastic, metal, wood, rubber, glass and paper. However, it is dominated by plastic which accounts for 80% of the items found on our beaches.
- Keep our Waterways Beautiful competition registration form
- Terms and Conditions
- Tips for running a local litter clean up