Keep Australia Beautiful Week
Do The Right Thing!
Save the date! Keep Australia Beautiful Week 2016 will take place from 22 – 28 August, and we’ll be activating cigarette butt litter campaigns around Australia.
Cigarette butts are the most littered item according to the National Litter Index. They might be small, but it’s a big problem.
Cutting litter requires everybody to be involved; your local authority, waste contractors, shops, pubs, businesses and people all have a role to play.
That’s why KAB is partnering with various local government areas around Australia. Engaging the local community is vital. We all need to work together to tackle litter.
The official launch of KAB Week will take place at various locations around Australia with the installation of voting-style ballot cigarette butt bins from Monday 22 August.
The ballot butt bins will allow users to ‘vote’ on questions such as: “Who will win in a fight: Emu or Kangaroo?” and “Favourite breakfast food: Bacon or Tofu.” The user chooses one of two receptacles to dispose of their cigarette butt. Each receptacle has a window to display the used butts, creating a public opinion poll.
Is there a ballot bin near me?
City of Monash:
- Cnr Eaton Mall and Portman St, Oakleigh
- 371-319 Clayton Rd, Clayton
- 82 Kingsway Glen Waverley, Century Cinema entry.
City of Parramatta:
- 2 Horwood Place, Parramatta (smoking section of Harvest Café)
- 21A-23 George St, Parramatta (near intersection of Church St, opposite Parramatta Local Court)
- At roundabout on Wentworth St, Parramatta (at entrance of Wentworth St Carpark and beside Circa Espresso)
City of Wollongong:
- Cliff Rd – opposite the Novotel at the foreshore.
- Corner Crown and Harbour Streets at the Wollongong Entertainment Centre.
- Lower Church Street on the outset of Wollongong Mall.
- Corner Crown Street and Keira Street, Wollongong – on outset of Wollongong Mall.
City of Newcastle: 666 Hunter Street.
- 22 Main Street, Blacktown
- Dawson Mall, Mt Druitt (near the side entrance of Westfield).
City of Canada Bay: Rhodes Town Square, Mary Street, Rhodes.
Gilligans 57-89 Grafton St, Cairns City
Keep Australia Beautiful Week is sponsored by the Australian Government Department of the Environment. Keep Australia Beautiful Week 2017 will take place 21- 27 August.